Right. So. I've been a lazy blogger lately. I've been a lazy homemaker too but we don't really need to go THERE right now.
The sun is shining right now but it is bitterly cold. 7 Degrees with -20 wind chills or something ridiculous like that. All I really know is that it is too cold for me or the kids to go out the door for anything today. We've had the fireplace on most of the morning.
I'm feeling overwhelmed with gratitude today. I'm just so happy to be home with my kids, in my house, taking care of things and doing what I love to do. There are days, many days, when I skate by doing the minimum but I'm trying to do a little better.
You know, I have a toddler. I'm 39 and when my Mom was my age I was a senior in high school. And she seemed so old to me. I just don't want to be old before my time. Then again, when you are in high school, 25 seems old.
It's really not the age thing, it is an attitude thing. I still think of myself as just a Mom and a Wife with years of child rearing and adventuring left to do. Jamie and I still dream about our future and plan for our life. I think that is a good thing. We will not quietly go along with whatever we are dished up. We always think we can do better. I kind of like that about us.
The one thing, though, I'm trying to do better is to stay in the moment I'm in. Not let it pass by while I'm waiting for the next thing. Easier said than done! However, I truly cherish everything about my life and my family and I think we're getting on the right track.
And right now, that moment is calling me. There is math work to look over and a 2-year-old that just got into a giant box of paperclips.
No comments:
Post a Comment