Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Back to the boxes....

I've been so terrible about keeping up with this whole thing. And it is mostly just for me because I like to look back and see what we were doing and what we were feeling as the years pass us by. It will not surprise me, or anyone, really, to hear that we are moving. Yes. Again. My farm summer is turning into an extended stay for the kids and me. Jamie is going to stay in Indy and find himself a little apartment while the kids and I spend some time living on the farm. We're going to use this time to save our money, pay off medical bills and buy a house that is a little more suited to our family and the life we want.

This house just hasn't worked for us. It's an expensive lesson but it is better than spending years trying to make it work. It's better to take the offer and suck it up and move on NOW. We just aren't sure we are cut out for this suburban life. We want something a little different. Out of the subdivision. More yard. More peace. Cozy. Homey.

So, today, I'm packing boxes and sorting belongings. I'm setting up our place on the farm as well as Jamie's place. It is a little overwhelming right now. I spent last week cleaning the house on the farm and getting it ready for me and the kids. then we spent the long weekend there with my family. The kids ran wild and muddy and I've never really seen Nicholas so happy. Ever. They both need some mud boots and many more jeans. Sarah's poor legs were so scratched up from running through brush and brambles.

It was a fun weekend. I enjoyed my time with family, talking about the past, planning for the future. And so we begin a new adventure for our little family. One that I hope helps us find our place and settle. It's time for us to dig in and set a home. A real one that is more us. In the mean time I have lots of fun plans for our time on the farm. It should be exciting and relaxing. And I plan to take a ton of pictures.

So, for now, it's back to the boxes for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment