Thursday, July 9, 2015

On the market....


I have some thoughts. For one, I've been home alone. No kids. No husband. After the first few hours, I decided I didn't like it. It's lonely with only the dogs for company. The house is quiet. I've been drinking too much coffee.

Also, the house is up for sale. Or should be at some point today. The papers are signed and with the realtor. I've decluttered my heart out and come to the conclusion that I like it. I enjoy less clutter. But also I noted with every personal item, toy, or knick-knack the house felt less and less homey. It just feels like a shelter. A very clean and streamlined shelter. I enjoy it. The emptiness of it is a bit refreshing. But also the life is gone.

The house is on the market because Jamie has been transferred back to West Virginia. Kind of unbelievable if you want to know the truth of it. Sometimes we're still a little shocked. We pretty much gave up on that thought altogether a while ago. And then one day his boss just mentioned they wanted to build their office in WV back up. Next thing you know my house is going on the market and we're getting ourselves ready to head home. The kids are ecstatic.

The one thing we hope to do is pursue a bit of a dream. Since we're going back to West Virginia, we're hoping this time to find a place with some land. No suburb. Nice, rolling hills, trees a place for a garden. Honestly we've probably gotten a little soft in the last 8 years and it will be a change of pace but I think in the end things will work out. We just have to hope to sell the house for enough money to cover getting out of it. I'm pretty thankful we didn't end up financing that fence!

And you can imagine that I've spent a crazy amount of time analyzing things. My feelings on moving back to WV. My feelings on leaving here. Selling our home. Making a new life. Being close to family again. It's all going to be a bit of an adjustment.

Not to mention trying to get and have the house on the market. Lordy. Talk about stressful.

So, it's a bit of a new/old adventure for us around here. I hope it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment