Tuesday, April 3, 2018
Hello stranger...
I haven't been here in a while. We've been busy living life, working this place, working in general. We have 3 goats, 3 horses, 3 dogs and a cat. Nicholas is showing one of the horses in cutting. He loves it and it's basically his life right now which takes a lot of work. Constant driving to practice and lessons and to work cows all of which are a couple hours away. However, he loves it and it is who he is becoming. He's 16 and a half. I just can't believe that. Sarah will be 8 in less than 2 months. Time is flying.
We're putting in a bigger garden this year and we are moving it from where it was. I'm really hopeful that we do better with it this year. I lost a lot to the animals last year but I'm putting up a fence this time. We got a front porch on last year and that has been so wonderful!
It's been a long, cold, rough winter. It was so cold and so wet and actually, it still is cold and wet. I need for the weather to warm up and the sun to shine. I'm feeling this gray dampness in my soul. With luck, Spring will decide to arrive soon.
I'm feeling my kids growing up and time is moving so quickly. It's a stormy cold day in April and I think that's perfect for planning a summer of fun. There are only 2 summers left before Nicholas is all grown up. 2 summers. The time. It just goes so quickly these days.
I need to remember how to slow it down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment