Friday, November 5, 2010

Home, here we come!

So this morning a plane took off for home with three empty seats. Oh well. Actually, I'm sure they weren't empty and some lucky person was able to get stand-by or bumped to an earlier flight. You're Welcome.

I'm OK. It's all good. I'll be in WV by the 24th anyway. Only, we'll be driving in the truck for 4 days. It's all official. We'll be moving to Indianapolis!!! I'm very very excited to be coming home. 5 hours from my folks, 8 from Jamie's. Close enough for easy visiting! Jamie has to be in Indy by the 29th. I'm going to stay with my Mom and Dad until the 1st of the year.

The moving company is here now doing the survey of our belongings. You know, I'm usually perfectly happy with my stuff. That is until someone I don't know suddenly starts looking over it. Then it all suddenly seems so shabby. It's all been moved too many times. Really it is time to settle down and start replacing things. I have a burning and unreasonable hatred for our dining room table. And I LOVED it when we bought it. Love. But then we moved it a couple times and the black paint started to chip and the top warped. And now I look at it and think ...junk!

Oh well! It will be fun to start replacing things! It will be so good to know we are settled somewhere. Yay!

I'm so happy to be going home. You can not imagine.

2 comments:

  1. Oh... I "CAN" imagine :)

    I know just how happy you will be AND to be on the side of the mississippi river that has great furniture prices - yeah!!! New Dining room table!!!

    I am so happy for you, can you belive you made it this long?!!

    Let us know about the surgery when done, and have fun getting things packed and MOVED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table just has character! Put a crackle finish on it and call it "rustic". :-)

    ReplyDelete