Wow, where did the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas go? We've been busy being Merry and Bright. And now, well now, I'm done with all the Holiday. I'm ready for normal. Everyday. Routine.
In the past month we did find a home in Indiana. A lovely little place that sits on an acre. I can't wait to get moved in and PAINT. The house is painfully WHITE inside with an oddly navy blue bedroom. Our stuff is still in Utah and the kids and I are still at my Mom's. We'll be heading back in about a week to pack our stuff and load a truck and drive back across the country. We were supposed to have movers but we've been shelling out a lot of cash to fix our truck lately. It's been ugly. As it is with all the down payments and such we just have to cancel the movers and do it ourselves. We have been there before though. We'll do it again.
So, we're still living apart. It's been tough but it's nice to know that within a couple weeks we'll all be back together and be in our own home where we can make our life normal again.
There are times I look back on this past year and I'll be honest and say I'm not sorry to see it end. Then again, it's been a wonderful terrible year. So much has happened. And when I look back, I can't help but think it could have all been much worse. So, in a way it was a good year! We had trouble with our pregnancy, emergency delivery, NICU stay but we ended up with a healthy happy amazing little girl! I had a blood cot, but it was caught before any damage was done. I had a ruptured appendix. A crazy high fever and almost died in the night. But I didn't. I went home to be with my family and raise my children. The appendix caused scar tissue to build in my abdomen and the blood clot medicine caused some bleeding problems. But a quick surgery took care of both of those. And now I feel great. We spent Christmas not in our own home. Struggling to figure out our place. But we got to be with family. Nicholas said it was the best Christmas EVER! So, it could have all been much worse.
In a few short weeks we'll be moving into our little home on an acre of green grass. I'll be unpacking and hibernating the winter away. Playing with my little girl, catching up school with my boy and cooking meals for my family. Bliss!!!!!
I'll be gone again for a few weeks. Going to spend some time with Jamie's folks, then we'll be moving our stuff. I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year. Safe travels!
No comments:
Post a Comment