Good Grief! I might as well shut this thing down for all the attention I've given it lately. Such is life with a ten month old who has no fear gene and a knack for finding trouble. She's just all over the place and into everything. But she's super sweet and so cuddly. So, I guess I can forgive her from keeping me from other things. I stay on my toes, that's for sure!
Our Sarah is getting a pretty fair vocabulary. Mama, Dada, bubu, and nigh-nigh. Mom, Dad, bottle, and bed. Nicholas is also Dada so there is a little confusion there. Still sweet as can be though. When she went to bed last night Daddy was cutting the grass and we were watching from the deck. So this morning she's been sitting at the sliding door yelling DADADADADA at the top of her lungs. Guess she thinks he's still out there.
Between keeping up with her and trying to keep Nicholas on the straight and narrow I'm BUSY! It's such a beautiful day here today but we are getting cold and rain tomorrow and the rest of the weekend. Such a bummer. I was enjoying the nice weather. I love having the windows open.
I've been spending some time getting some ideas for dinners now that warmer weather is coming. I love changing how and what we cook through the seasons. Baked things and comfort foods all winter and then the grill and salads all summer. It makes it nice. We use a lot more paper plates in the summer, too. It's kind of nice to sit on the deck with our lunch or dinner and keep the mess outside. I think I'll be especially grateful for that this year.
I was thinking yesterday as I was putting away Sarah's laundry how funny things turn out. When I was dreaming of having a baby, and not having one, I would make all these plans in my head. I would scour magazines and catalogs and I'd have this idea of how a perfect little girls room would look. It wouldn't be pink. But bright and vibrant colors. I'd have it totally coordinated and neat as a pin. Then when I was pregnant we planned her room and even if it wasn't exactly how I thought it would be it was all done to perfection. And now I have my Sarah, she's 10 months old. Her furniture has been moved around and rearranged. Pieces have been changed out for something that works better. And now her room is NOTHING like I thought it would be. Cute still but a little mismatched and a LOT pink. The thing is, once she got here other things were just more important. And once she grew and changed and her personality started to come through, we had to adjust. And now, the room isn't perfect but it's perfect for HER. I'll get another chance when she's ready for a big-girl room. I'm in no hurry for that, though!
And it's the same with Nicholas. His room is finally the way he likes it. He thinks it is PEFECTION. It's nothing like I would have done for him, though. It's dark. Lots of cammo. There are dead animal heads on the wall. It's a combination of little boy with a few stuffed animals and little boy treasures like rocks and scraps and young man with military posters and a desk and lamp. He swears it's the best bedroom EVER!
Talking of their bedrooms reminds me that I need to go through their closets. Sarah has gobs of stuff she's outgrown and Nicholas needs winter switched out for summer and most of his things boxed up for donation/yard sale.
We have a lot on our plates in the coming months. Easter, Sarah's birthday party and summer in general. We have visitors coming and going and home projects to do. So, I'm hoping this weekend is our last cold spell. Please oh, please!
And with that, I'm off to do something productive! Maybe. I might just drink a cup of tea and enjoy the fact that the girl is still napping. Hmmmm...sounds promising!
No comments:
Post a Comment