Monday, February 20, 2012

I miss them...

My kids have been off in West Virginia for the weekend. My parents had a long weekend and decided they might like to have a long weekend with my kids. I have gotten a million texts with pictures of all the fun they are having.

Jamie and I had a nice weekend. We ran some errands, had a couple nice dinners and slept in. It's nice to have time alone together but boy did we miss the kids. It's quiet here today. I need to go and clean before we leave to pick them up this evening. Did I mention it is quiet? There isn't even anything decent on QVC to fill the silence. Computers and crappy jewelry.

It was good to have the break though. I feel a little more ready to be Mommy again. I think every Mom occasionally finds herself going through the motions once in a while and forgetting the joy in parenting. Sometimes in the day to day drudgery it is hard to remember how amazing and wonderful your children are. What little miracles they are and how much joy they bring you.

So, I've got to go and mop some floors and clean some carpets.

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment