It's an extremely lovely June morning here. Low humidity, cool temperatures. I have the windows and doors open to let in some fresh air. This would be perfect camping weather. Warm days and cool nights. We aren't camping yet because the family doesn't pick up the camper until Saturday and then there's some set up at the farm once we do pick it up. Work work work. It's always something.
Speaking of work, in another week or so my kids will be heading to West Virginia to have some Grandparent time. I am going to paint and Jamie is going to do a few basementy things and help me as well. I really hate the color of the walls in this house. It's the inside of an avocado that's just a little past it's prime...green. All over. I could have lived with beige but I detest this green. Plus, I just want to make the house feel lighter and brighter and happy. And just more me.
I also hope to get some things cleaned and organized and gotten rid of while there aren't any children here to care. I need to clear some clutter and define some boundaries. Then Sarah comes back and I intend to spend at least a week doing nothing but going to the pool and eating ice cream just the two of us. Her big brother is going to spend additional time in WV hanging out and swimming and doing whatever boys who need to be outside do.
There will probably be a lot of advil and more than a few margaritas to get me through a week of painting and moving furniture and decluttering. I've been feeling a few more aches and pains than usual lately. And leg cramps that just leave me whimpering. Need to drink more water and make sure I buy some bananas and just work through it. I don't want to be sidelined when I have so much to do.
But for now, it's a beautiful morning, it's still early and the kids are asleep and I think I'm taking my coffee to the deck to enjoy the "fresh" air.
No comments:
Post a Comment