There are days when being "Mom" are hard, exhausting and wonderful all at the same time. I'm a level of tired today that I don't remember being since Sarah was tiny. It's just a culmination of restless nights, bad dreams, and thunderstorms.
Only problem is, mid-day that one gets to curl up under a cozy blanket and catch some sleep while I'm left wandering around in a haze of tired. But sleepy isn't the only thing. I'm also blessed. Blessed to be able to sit up with her during bad dreams and thunderstorms. Blessed not to have to leave in the morning for a high-stress, high-stakes job. I can slap on a little concealer, a little mascara, a t-shirt and jeans and call myself done. Not that I'm off the hook. There is still a home to run and people with needs here. But being put together and and the top of my game can slide for a day or so.
And this evening I think I'll take advantage of hopping in my bath tub with lots and lots of warm water and bubbles and locking the door. Some comfy pajamas and MY SPOT on the couch and all will be right with my world. Sometimes it's the simple things.

No comments:
Post a Comment