Friday, August 8, 2014

We finally did it...

So, you know what we finally did?

That's right. No more avocado green paint! The kids are at Mom's. Jamie was in a good mood. I decided to paint the dining room so we bought a gallon for that. And then once I started and the room started to look fresh and new and lovely, he was easy to convince that maybe we should go back to Home Depot. So, 6 gallons of paint later my house feels so much fresher and cleaner. And it's pretty. So pretty. Oh, and mine. My colors. I'm not sure the green was so bad, however, that was someone else's green and I just couldn't live with that. And yes, we looked at some lovely neutrals. Because I know what you are thinking, that' is very blue. It is. But 7 years in rentals and you learn to hate beige. And frankly colors like "Greige" are just another term for off-brown. So, if that's your thing, happy trails. I just wanted a little color.

The problem with painting? Now I need new curtains. And the entry rugs don't match. And the stuff we had hanging on the walls? Yeah, not going back up. So, I'm in the market, as it were.

This is my last day home alone. I'm going to go to WV next week to spend some time with Mom. Then the kids and I are back and Jamie's folks are visiting. His Mom is going to paint Sarah's room (For FUN...can you imagine?). Then it's Labor Day weekend and that's officially the end of our summer and the start of our school year. Frankly, I can't wait. I'm ready to stay home. Get into a routine. Lay low for a bit.

So, I'm off to pack and I still need to mop the floors. It's like 70 degrees. August has lost it's mind. I'm not complaining but what the heck?

No comments:

Post a Comment