I feel like time is flying right past me lately. I could really use a chance to slow down. That, however, seems very unlikely with the Holidays coming. I'm headed to WV for Thanksgiving week. Then the weekend after that we go on the Polar Express, then my Mom comes back with us for the rest of the month. There are a lot of things to look forward to. Lots of cookie baking and Christmas festivities.
We've had a good time the last month. We made one last camping trip at the end of October.
My folks spent Halloween weekend with us and that was a blast. It was spitting ice and snow and we practically RAN around the neighborhood for trick or treat. In coats and hats and gloves. And when the little girl's legs and nose couldn't take the cold anymore we ran home for hot chocolate in front of the fire and raided the candy buckets while watching Hocus Pocus. In other words, it was perfect. Nicholas even walked with us for a while. Oh, he's much too grown up to trick or treat but he enjoyed walking his baby sister around until he wimped out of the cold and took off for home to "help give out candy."
It's a mere 10 degrees today. I'm just so cold. I swear that we went from 80 to 60 to 10 in a little over a week. And my poor ole body just wasn't ready. Or being 41 just lends itself to more aches and pains from the cold.
November rolled in and we had a few quiet weeks. Here's a secret though, I've already decorated for Christmas. So, shoot me. I really don't think me beating the norm by a mere two weeks is going to hurt anyone. The world is a mess. It's dark and scary and if I want to bury myself in twinkling lights and festive bells, then I can't see that as a problem. I'm pretty sure Jesus wouldn't mind. Isn't having a light in the dark kind of the point? Here's a small sample of what we've got going on decoration-wise. It's all a work in progress.
We actually have snow on the ground right now so it does feel rather festive. I've got a few more decorating projects that need done and I need one more trip to Hobby Lobby. But 10 degrees with snow on the ground means, I'm just not going out. Not today.
We've gone from camping to playing in the snow. I'd say it's been a busy month.












No comments:
Post a Comment