Wednesday, February 18, 2015

We're still here....

You know what? We're still here. We're still plugging away at life. It's been lovely and mostly calm. Everyone has been healthy and content. Sure, we're rearranged the house a few times. We have had the most wonderful Christmas I can remember in a LONG time. Sarah had a touch of the flu in the days leading up to it but by Christmas morning she was fine. Nicholas has been healthy and hearty and eating us out of house and home.


We elfed and we shopped. We decorated and we baked. It was a lovely season. Followed by a wonderful New Year's Eve. It was just the four of us and we played games, had snacked and it ended up being one of my favorite nights ever.

It's been fairly quiet since the Holidays. We've been plugging away with school and life in general. We've gone to the Children's Museum and Wizard World (which is a ComicCon). Sarah was in love with the museum and Nicholas is all about finding another Comic Con to go to. There are 10 of them in town this year so I don't think it will be hard.


I'm mostly just ready for it to warm up. Ready to see spring and grass and leaves on the tree. Ready for warm sunshine and open windows. And sandals. Oh sandals. I'm so tired of boots. We have Disney coming up in a few months and that's helping us get through the winter. But no matter how you slice it, February is hard. It's long and cold and gray. I just desperately want to pack some bags and run away for the weekend. Just down to Gatlinburg. Just for a change of scenery. But with Disney coming up I don't see that happening.

The kids are obsessing over camping at the farm this summer. Making all kinds of plans. In the mean time, we're holding on to hope that Spring will come. And quickly. Even if it is only 8 today and supposed to be 0 tomorrow. Spring will come, right? I need to live in a milder climate. I mean, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment