Monday, May 18, 2015

A little work to do...

My things. They have overwhelmed me.

I've just been DOING. Living. Loving. Worrying. Wondering. Vacationing. And today I suddenly just stopped and thought, I've got to get a grip already.

We went to Disney World and it was a wonderful, magical, stunning, tear jerking, amazing time. I just loved every minute. We didn't want to come home. Ever. A trip a year in the making and it all came together like a dream. I just couldn't have loved it more. Sarah was a Princess. She was in awe of everything. She had no fear of anything. The rides, the characters or the hustle and bustle. Nicholas was his more reserved self but he laughed and loved and enjoyed the freedom. As a family we had the best time. Together.



And now that we are home, I miss the planning and the getting ready for the trip. But then again I look around my house and I'm buried. Buried by STUFF. It's everywhere. Just stuff. Too much of it that means nothing. There's so much of it that you can't find what is important under the clutter. So, I just had to decide that after our Memorial Day camping trip, I'm sending the kids home with Mom and I'm dealing with some of the stuff. It's just everywhere. There are so many shoes, toys, movies, games, hair clips, donation bags, etc and so on that I can't even see our house anymore. Just the stuff in it. I'm thinking, I just need to put it away but there isn't anywhere to PUT it. Closets are full. Garage is full. Boxes, bins and baskets....full. And that tells me right there that there's a lot that needs to find a new home.

We gave the front yard a nice refresher of fresh mulch, new shrubs, a tree and I put out my summer porch things. And it looks spiffed up and pretty.

Carpets need cleaned an floors need shined. Every part of the house needs me to show it some love. And I know it's typical. End of the school year and the winding down of a long cold winter. We need a good Spring cleaning. Just like the rest of us, the house needs to take a deep breath of fresh air and shed some pounds. Let a little sunshine shine in. Let a summer breeze chase around the dust.

If I can get through this week without grabbing a trash bag and just tossing, I'll be able to spend next week getting things in order so that I can then sit back and enjoy my summer. Get my kids outside. Let Sarah's toys gather a little dust while she's digging a mud hole in the sunshine. All good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment