Monday, September 21, 2015

Waiting is hard...


There is so much WAITING happening in our family right now. The house in Indiana has sold! Yippee! We've already closed and she is enjoying a new family. But now the waiting. We still haven't closed on the farm here in West Virginia. It just seems full of delays and things, it must be said, just seem to move a lot slower around here. And that's fine. Except, well, I'm not patient. I'm just not. It's a fault. A failing. It just is who I am.

And of course since there are so many delays, everything is uncertain. I think if I just KNEW, I'd be OK. I'd be able to wait if I could plan and dream. However, since things might not work out and we could end up right back where we started, it's just a jumble of uncertainty and frustration.

It will be worth it. I keep telling myself to remember this. Dreams take time. Things don't always work out. Sometimes they just don't.

I feel like we are in a holding pattern right now though. We're staying with my folks and we are all cramped and up in each other's business and it is really just tough on everyone. My kids need a home and a routine. Regular school at the kitchen table. Toys on the living room floor. Quiet family meals. Loud family meals in front of a movie eating in the LIVING ROOM! These are things we can not do in someone else's house. No one expected us to be here this long. Our boxes are filling a storage building and my parent's garage. You know they have to love that. The weather is changing and our boots, jackets and everything else are all...in boxes we don't know where. I just thought we'd be moved in by now and I'd have found them!

The kids don't have their STUFF. The little stuff that makes them happy. Makes a house a home. Oh, they are spoiled here and we are all doing the best we can but this isn't home.

Waiting is hard...on us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment