I am still waiting. We are waiting. Fall has arrived and yet we wait for our home. Our sanctuary from the cold and the storms and the world. I feel the loss of my home life very keenly these days. It's that time of year when I enjoy puttering around my kitchen. Planning the rest of my year. Planning menus, cozying my home and settling in for the cold winter. And these days more than ever I feel the need of home. Of safe. The need for comfort and sanctuary. I want to comfort my family. To hold them close. To DO for them.
We're getting closer to getting in to our new place. Hoping nothing else comes up. Praying the next two weeks are smooth and uneventful and we'll be walking away with a key. A house, 3 barns, and a broken down cottage. Woods, meadows, a creek. It's so close.
We continue to wait. I've just started to plan again. Planning for the future shows hope.
Soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment