OK. So I am finally on the mend! The long and the short of it is that my appendix ruptured and had turned to gangrene. They couldn't operate right away because I am on blood thinners for a blood clot I had after Sarah was born. So, I had to wait 7 hours and get Plasma so my blood would clot and I wouldn't bleed to death. In the mean time, all that infection was spilling into my body.
It was fun. I ended up with a life-threatening fever after the surgery, which, THANK YOU GOD, I was able to fight through that night. The doctor told me I couldn't go home for two weeks. Then he started saying maybe 6 days. I went home in 4 days with drains attached to my hip. Never underestimate the determination of a Mama. I wasn't able to take care of Sarah for 10 days, even after all that. I couldn't even hold her.
Today is our first day home alone, trying to get back to some sort of routine. It's been going well. I feel good except for being really tired and wearing out really quickly. It's from all the infection.
Jamie's Mom and Dad rushed out here to Utah to help. I had Surgery on a Saturday and they arrived on that Tuesday. Thank God. They took good care of my baby girl and me once I got home. Nicholas is still with his other Grandparents. He comes home next week. I should be back to my old self by then! Every day I get stronger and feel better.
I'm so thankful for all our family. For the doctors who fought the infection and for the nurses who fought my fever. I'm drain free, staple free and on the mend. Very happy to be home with my family.
And that is all I have to say about that.
That is so scary. I'm glad you're getting back to yourself and home with those you love.
ReplyDelete