Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Does it count as a vacation?

So, I'm going home the first of November. I'm not coming back out to Utah until at least the first of the year. Yes, it is a very long time to be away from home. In some ways it will be nice but it others I'll miss running my own household. I'm staying with my folks. My Mom still works (she babysits kids) so I can fix dinners to help out. It will be nice to be with family over the holidays. With any luck I'll only be coming back to pack up the house or direct the movers, which ever way the chips fall. But more on that when I actually have something to report!

What being gone for a few months (or between homes for a few months) means is that I have a lot of things in the freezer and pantry to use up in the next 3 weeks. I thought some things I would pre-cook and leave for Jamie to heat up while we are gone. We have two HUGE Sam's Club bags of chicken wings and shrimp. So, we'll be doing some wing nights and I think I'll have shrimp pasta one night and do something with the rest of the shrimp. I have no idea what.

It also means I have zero motivation to do any kind of housework. The desk is so out of hand it is not even funny. I just keep thinking, why bother? I might be packing it all or I'll be gone and Jamie will be home alone for a couple months, so it will be a disaster anyway.

Eh, either way I'm looking forward to my visit. Sarah could use a little spoiling and Mommy could use a little time with her family!

1 comment:

  1. Where are you moving? I hope you have a great time with your family. It must be hard to have been away from them for as long as you have so a couple of months with them seems reasonable. :-)

    ReplyDelete