Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Halloween!

So, in a week from today I'll be winging my way to West Virginia. Yay! I have so much to do before I go. I've been putting it all off because I just can't seem to get motivated. We have so much up in the air right now that it has been really difficult to figure out my priorities. But as of this morning, my focus is simply going to be on my trip home.

Taking a 5-month old baby clear across the country for a couple months will be an interesting adventure. Especially since we are flying and will be very limited on what we can take and space. Ideally, I'd like to close my eyes next Friday and wake up when we get to the Charleston Airport. I am NOT looking forward to nearly 12 hours of travel-time. On an enclosed airplane. With people. Oh well. They will just have to get over it. We'll just do the best we can.

We've enjoyed the little bit of snow we got this week. Nicholas had a ball playing in it while it lasted. I am so glad. Since we'll be in WV for the holidays I am not sure we'll see snow again, at least not more than a tiny bit, until we come back. The weather there can be unpredictable, though! Just as I say that WV will get a blizzard in November.

We have been total Halloween Slackers this year. Don't even have our pumpkins yet! We'll get them tonight and get them carved. The kids will trick-or-treat tomorrow. There is trick-or-treating both days this weekend to accommodate everyone. Whatever. We're going tomorrow and if you knock on my door Sunday, I'm not answering it. First of all, there won't be any candy left. Second of all, I'm just not giving it out two days in a row. I think that is a bit excessive.

Have a wonderful Halloween weekend! My kids will be Luke Skywalker and Princess Leah. I know. Ugh! I wanted my baby to be something adorable but it is not to be. I was out voted.

At least she is some sort of princess!

1 comment:

  1. We just chucked the whole trick or treat thing this year and stayed home. I bought plenty of candy for us, though! ;-) Have a great trip home!

    ReplyDelete