It is such a small thing but it is SO annoying. Ok, out here, for whatever reason, we don't have mailboxes. No one does! We have those community boxes (like in an apartment building) at a couple places in each subdivision. Now, I realize it must be much more efficient for the mail person and all but it's a pain for me. Ours is a good bit away from the house. When Jamie is gone I have three choices, leave Nicholas watching Sarah while I run down there, send Nicholas or get out the stroller and all of us go. JUST to get the mail.
Why don't I send Nicholas to get it more often? Well, without a doubt, when I send him it will be a day we have a package and will have that extra key in the box OR he won't be able to work the lock (it sticks and even I have a hard time with it sometimes) and then I have to go anyway. It's really such a small inconvenience in the grand scheme of things but it just gets under my skin for some reason. Is it really all that hard to deliver peoples mail to a mailbox in front of their house? And heaven forbid you have a package that is too big for the parcel boxes and the mail person has to get out of the truck! At your house! I watched ours heave a box up the steps to our porch one day. Freaking irritated the snot out of me! Walk up the five steps, knock gently on the door and walk away.
Maybe I'm just edgy right now and it really is nothing. We have a lot of things up in the air and won't have any resolution for a couple more weeks. Plus, I'm trying to figure out what to pack to be gone for two months. We may or may not be coming back to this house depending on several things. But then again, we might be coming back after the holidays. All of us might be coming back to stay for another year, I might be coming back to pack and move ourselves, or I might be coming back to supervise the movers to pack and move us. So, you can see my dilemma. Should I be cleaning out the junk for packing or should I be organizing the closets so we come back to everything nice and neat? And this dilemma is what is keeping me unmotivated. Then again, I work pretty well under pressure. If I have a week or two of notice before we leave, I can get it all squared away.
But the mail thing. Now that irritates me.
No comments:
Post a Comment