It's Saturday! There's a pile of errands waiting to be run today. The store is at the top of that list since I'm drinking the LAST CUP OF COFFEE IN THE HOUSE! Yikes! Then there is Lowe's for a new switch for the flood lights, and furniture shopping. Because, Mama, she is getting some new seats! We have this wonderful bright finished basement and we want to use it. The computer is down there, Nicholas playroom is down there, the laundry room is down there. We'll be doing school down there....etc. So, we need some furniture. Our poor couch and loveseat are still wonderfully comfortable but one too many moves have rendered them a bit shabbier than I'd like. So, they are going downstairs.
Jamie's off getting our new license plates for the truck this morning. We have our driver's license already. So, we're all legal now. Residents of the great state of Indiana. Hoosiers. This makes me giddy. Yesterday I was watching something on TV, something dumb and I can't remember what and I just thought to myself, "I'm so happy I live here!" Yeah, it's not spectacular. No soaring mountains, no eagles in the back yard. We're surrounded by housing developments and corn fields and we have bunnies living under our deck and a hawk that haunts the backyard. It's perfectly wonderful.
If we ever thaw out I'll get some pictures. The ice is 4 inches thick though so, you know, walking is a bit of a challenge. The weatherman did say that 90% of the snow and ice would melt in the next 6 days. Go weatherman!
Jamie's still pouring on the overtime. Some days it's hard but it's not something I mind a lot. I know it's important for him and he's enjoying the work. He's mostly not worked the weekend though so that helps a lot. It can be hard to get through the evening with the kids but we're doing well for the most part. It helps that Sarah is sleeping better at night so I'm actually getting some rest. The hardest thing is figuring out supper. I need something he can reheat but that Nicholas and I both enjoy. It gets complicated.
But for now I've got to go and do something with my hair and find something for Sarah to wear. We're actually leaving the house today. Yay! Major cabin fever has been setting in! It's going to be near 40! Considering we have been waking up to -7 and 0.1 degrees all week, I'll take it!
Yay for getting out of the house!
No comments:
Post a Comment