This is completely out of left field but here goes...
I can NOT watch the end of Toy Story 3. I bawl. Like a baby. I know it is technically a happy ending but it's still so SAD. I get all mushy thinking about my boy growing up and going away and leaving behind childish things. It's all happening too fast.
Now Nicholas has no problem with the end of that movie. I asked him if it made him sad and with the sweet wonder that is childhood he said, "No. At least the toys get to keep playing!" Then he told me he's not worried about what happens with his toys because he's sure Sarah will want some of them anyway. So, I guess our toys have a lot of play left in them. And that is some comfort.
He did ask me once if I donated any of his toys to Goodwill. I lied. Said NOPE! They are in storage! Seriously, after watching that movie what kid will let his toys get donated to a daycare or something? I mean, seriously!
That said, I have moved his Thomas trains 11 times. All the trains, the track, the buildings and the rest have always come with us. I could NEVER get rid of them. Maybe Sarah will want to pretend they are girl trains some day. Or maybe I'll be passing them down to my Grandkids. Either way, those trains go where we go. They are pretty much all he played with from the age of 1 1/2 to 6. Those were the days. I get teary just thinking about it.
And now I'm all sentimental and mushy feeling. Got to go find my boy who's almost as tall as me and sneak a hug.
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment