Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Disney Hysteria!

Around these parts we're in the midst of full-blown vacation hysteria. I think that if we were headed to the beach or on a road trip we'd probably be taking it in stride. There's just something about Disney that brings out the crazy in us. And I like it.

Nicholas is counting down the days. He's very excitable. Yesterday was "10! 10! Mama 10!" He's reading guide books and asking to look at maps. He is a touch obsessed at looking at Food pictures on the Disboards. "Where are we eating?", he asks over and over. And then he looks at the pictures. Pretty much, though, his plans seem to run to eating steak at every meal and a big chocolate desert. We've been watching the rides on Youtube and sitting on the couch with our hands in the air screaming like dorks on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Oh, and these Youtube videos. Watch them all. the. time. Just be warned, if you watch them, you'll be booking a trip to Disney. The Wolf's Dance Orlando, The Wolf's Dance Disney World and this one. I may even tear up once in a while. I can't wait to be there being silly with my gang.

Jamie emailed me yesterday to ask what we needed in cash for tipping Mousekeeping and pressed pennies. He needed to know RIGHT NOW so he could go to the bank. I'm all "We're having a crisis here, can I get back to you?" He's all, "No, I need to get it!"

I bought tubes of M&Ms and DUMPED THEM OUT so I could stack quarter-quarter-penny. I've used more ink in the last few days in the printer than is wise. I have maps of pressed penny locations. An advanced copy of the Halloween party map and Nicholas needed a map of the Animal Kingdom for something. I didn't even ask.

Oh, and yesterday we had a Disney Crisis of EPIC proportions my friends. I lost a reservation. Yes, I did. I am not proud of it. It was a reservation for Boma for the entire family. I thought my brother was holding it. He thought it was mine or Mom's. It was a 1/2 hour of panic. It all turned out OK in the end though. My aunt was holding the reservation but she's not going with us now. She never canceled the reservation though so we're all good. Plus, both my brother and I made back-up reservations. Don't judge us. We're celebrating some stuff and have a big surprise planned for someone and it would have been RUINED if we didn't get into Boma that night.

My Mom and Dad are getting excited too. Mom finally pulled out her "Passporter" and "The Complete Guide to Disney World." She was on information overload for a few days but she is doing better. And getting excited. She's offered to take Sarah back in the evenings so we can enjoy some of the late nights. Oh yeah!

A few days ago I was actually thinking of ways to cancel this trip. Vacation panic. I just got so overwhelmed for a few minutes. The cost of everything and all we had to do just weighed on me. But then I remembered why we're going. We're taking our own little princess to Disney. We have so much in life to celebrate. So much. And there is no where else I'd rather be to celebrate all we have. No where else I'd rather let loose with my family. No where else that brings such quick smiles to the faces of the people I love.

As the departure day looms on the calendar, we're getting prepared. Princess and Mickey Jibbitz for the crocs are waiting to be punched in those little holes. Baggalini waiting to be loaded up. The Passporter is filling up with papers. Spreadsheets are getting updated. Jamie is dealing with the problem of the bridge over the Interstate being closed on our route. He's found a 20-minute detour we hope won't slow us down. I'm digging up DVDs and DVD player cords and headphones. Making play lists for the car on our Zunes. The car seat is sitting in the garage waiting for me to sweep it out and clean it up. I have a table at the foot of our bed filled with clothes and all manner of odds and ends that I am going to start packing. The weather is turning chilly and the kids shorts are going to be confiscated for packing.

When Nicholas gets up we'll pull one more day off the countdown chain. One day closer to Go time.

I. Can't. Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment