This was not a relaxing weekend. It was busy. Running around, packing, printing, laminating. There were computer problems, shoe problems and phone calls between here and West Virginia. Vacation is in 4 days. You would think this family has never traveled before the way we are all carrying on. But, you know, those last few days you always think of a million things you need.
I finally said, "enough." We'll go Thursday night and get snacks for the car and room. If we don't have something, we can always pay Disney Price$ for it or run to Walmart. And my Mom, bless her heart, asked, "Well, once we are at Disney are we allowed to leave the property?" She's so cute. I explained that they don't hold us hostage or anything. That we could even *gasp* go to another Theme Park! To give her the benefit of the doubt, we're staying on Disney property in a Disney hotel and we have Free Disney Dining Plans so we're eating only at Disney restaurants. Guess she figured it was like a cruise ship or something.
Or like when we took our honeymoon to Jamaica and stayed at Sandals and you just didn't leave the resort because Paradise inside the fence. Scary 3rd world country outside the fence.
But, anyway, the weekend was busy. I think I finally have everything finalized, though. We have all the right reservations and I canceled all the extra dining reservations so someone else could maybe get something they want at the last minute. I think I've taken all my notes and gotten everything into a cohesive form. I printed off index cards with the information for each day of the trip for Mom and Dad. I'm just going to give them a card each morning with our reservations and park info on them.
My only worry right now is getting Nicholas a costume for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. He's doing the Pirates League that day and so I'm hoping he'll just get a costume there but I'm worried about finding his size. So, we might buy the costume earlier in the week and just have him wear it to the Pirate League. His Daddy and Pap Pap are also having a Pirate treatment done so it will be pretty fun. Sarah is too little for the Princess makeover thing but I did get her a Tinkerbell costume for the party. It's the coolest and most comfortable of the princess dresses. Although, her Daddy says she is going as "TinkerHell." He wants to buy her horns for her head instead of a tiara. Her aunt says she pictures her in a tinkerbell dress, devil horns and biker boots. I don't think they make biker boots for 15 month-olds but it would suit her!
And now, I must go in search of coffee! Have a good week!
Evil Twin's Wife: I haven't been able to get to your blog for a few weeks. My anti-virus software won't let me. So, if you read here occasionally, just wanted you to know, in case you didn't, you were having technical difficulties!
Thanks, sweetie. I know about the issue and think I have a solution, which I will experiment with later today.
ReplyDeleteHave fun at Disney - I am sooooo jealous! :-)