Thursday, December 15, 2011

Detour to the Blog Tour

Hey all!

So, I'm off in Bloggy land totally distracted from my "To Do" list by all those Christmas blog home tours. Oh, they are wonderful! HUNDREDS of homes decorated for Christmas. The only real problem is that is can get to you after a while. You start thinking, wow, I'm really a slacker. HOWEVER, just about that time you come upon a sweet little post where there are homemade ornaments, kids running amok and fingerprints on the TV. And then I breathe a sigh of relief and move on. I love looking at all the decorations. It's like driving around looking at lights but everyone has left their blinds open and all their lights on.

Slight detour ahead. I am not judging or casting aspersions or whathaveyou. But, what is with all the white on white? White furniture, white decorations, white throws on white chairs next to a green(!) tree covered in white lights and white decorations. When did color go out of style? Does anyone else pretty much hate that trend? It's cold. And sad. Buy a red pillow or something. I'm no decorator. My home is done in Affordable Furniture and Early Fisher Price but I think it is nice. And homey. Cozy. Sometimes even pretty. I especially love it right now with all the Christmas decorations. There's color everywhere. I understand that some people live a bigger life than I do. Bigger homes they enjoy decorating and I don't begrudge anyone that. I love to look at pretty houses. I'm just wondering where the color went? And when it went out of style.

The white does give an uncluttered look. I guess it just isn't for me. For one thing, the thought of keeping those sofas clean is daunting.

All in all, I'm enjoying the blog tours. Just had to wonder about the white.

My favorite "trend" I've been seeing today that I LOVE is the "natural" decorating. I'm loving the twigs, greenery, burlap and such. I'm sure to other people that sounds as hideous as all the white does to me! It did inspire me to go raid my shrubs for some greenery and let's be honest, I probably brought in a spider or two. However, All the fresh cut greens smell pretty amazing right now!

So, grab a cup of coffee and go find a Blog tour if you are so inclined. I'm not participating. I'm too lazy to go take and upload a bunch of pictures. However, I'm enjoying the looking!!!

I'm clicking through this one: The Nester.

No comments:

Post a Comment