I'm procrastinating.
I have the all important Christmas notebook in front of me. A brand new pen. And everyone else is still asleep. Funny thing is, I'm not writing. I need to make my store list and get it solidified before Friday night. This is important. It's just not happening. It's a daunting task and just when I get started I end up quitting to do something else. Oh, I'll get it together along with the gift list, the incidentals list and my wish list.
I don't think I'm going to be ready to see Christmas come and go this year. It took a while for the Christmas spirit to hit what with the hospital and the family being separated. And now that it is hit, I'm pretty sad that we have less than two weeks until Christmas. I'll be taking my decorations down over New Year's. On the up side of that, though, we're staying home for New Year's which means a long weekend with Jamie here at my disposal! I think I'm going to take a nap. And we're going to eat a nice lunch out somewhere. And we're going to sit on the couch with a brand new crisp notebook and make some plans for 2012. Why, yes! I DO have a notebook fetish. I keep one or two going at a time. They are color coded and divided into sections. I'm a list maker. I make a list every morning just so I know what I'm doing that day.
We will be starting some fun fresh things for homeschool as well. Things were getting kind of dry and boring here before the Christmas break. And hey, that happens. However, I like to go into January with some fresh plans and ideas. It seems to make the long winter just a little bit nicer.
We did drive around and look at Christmas lights last night. It was Sarah's first time. We went the the (FREE!) drive-through light display where she slept through the entire thing. Oh well. There is always next year. I think next week we are going to go down to Indy to see the big tree and the window displays so maybe she'll enjoy that!
I hear children stirring and I haven't had my yogurt yet so that tells me it is time to move on! Have a great day!
I keep FOUR notebooks. Only because I'm an OCD freak-a-zoid. Plus my day planner and phone/address book - I truly can't be sane without any one of them.
ReplyDeleteThanks for reminding me I need to start my grocery list! :-)