The kids and I went in to West Virginia this past week. It was a good visit. We went to the new Cabela's store a couple of times, out to eat with the family many more times than we should have and did a little shopping at the mall. Nicholas hung out with his cousin all week and they played video games and stayed up really late. Sarah was crazy spoiled. She woke up in the morning and crawled into my parents' bed where she ate powdered donuts on a tray while she was propped up with pillows and watching cartoons. I have a feeling a return to reality for her is going to be harsh.
It's so funny because when I'm there in West Virginia, I'm happy to be there. I start thinking I miss the mountains and the trees. I like the people. They're rugged and unashamed to be themselves. I like hanging out with my family and being comfortable knowing I'm among "my" people.
However, by the end of the week I'm more than ready to come home. I don't know if it is because I'm ready for my own space and my own bed or just ready to return to my regular life. It's a good feeling though. The feeling that you can love what you will always consider "home" but also love where you need to be as well. It means we are finally making a life and finding a place to belong. It's such a triumph for me, personally, to know that I LIKE where I am. I'm content to be here.
It was a great visit but it sure is nice to be home.
No comments:
Post a Comment