I keep thinking I'm going to just stop writing here but then, I have things I need to or want to say and no where to say them. So, even if I'm the only one reading this, that is OK. It makes me feel better.
It's a misty kind of gray day outside today. The kids and I have been snuggled up having breakfast and watching some cartoons. It's Friday and we are getting a slow start.
Nicholas has a new curriculum program for school and he's loving it. It has taken a lot of pressure off me to help him where he was struggling. I love that he can work on it independently but I can be right here to help. We're still doing a lot on our own but the program is giving him a boost reading, spelling and with his grammar.
The leaves are turning at a rapid rate this year. We got back from the beach and the tree in the backyard was almost all yellow and the maple in the neighbors yard is red on top. I want to get out and get a couple bird feeders for the winter. We love sitting by the living room windows and watching the birds over the winter. It's so gray, brown and dead outside and seeing the reds and blues of the winter birds is always so cheering. We went to light the pilot on the gas fireplace and found about a million spider webs and 10 years of dust so we need to bring in the shop vac and take care of that, then we'll light the pilot light!
I have a few domestic things I'd like to get done around here in the coming weeks. I really need to do a big clean. Wipe all the blinds, clean the carpets etc. I started on the closets a little this morning while waiting for the kids. I got rid of some of my stuff. Stained, ripped or just old summer things all are going. I'm trying to look a little nicer this year. I need to get out and get a pair of boots. Sooner rather than later!
I need to find some sort of curtain or topper for the living room. The empty curtain rod is annoying. And then there is the den or playroom as it is now. It's...well, it's just awful. We put shelves in there but the holes are too small and her stuff doesn't fit on the shelves. So the shelves are 3/4 empty and all her stuff is just stacked along the floor. It is driving me totally and completely CRAZY! I think the shelves are going to have to come out. They just aren't working at all. And, I have decided I need a desk down here so she's going to have to make some room in there for a small desk for the computer. I can't stand having it on the kitchen counter. It is a pain. The room has double doors which means we lose an entire wall. So, I'm trying to work it out.
I also think Sarah is about ready for a big girl bed. So that means she needs, well, a bed. Mattress, bedding, pillow, etc. And paint for her walls. I'm so sick of the brown in here but the most awful is her room. It is just the wrong shade of beige for all her pink! So, she needs paint, bedding, a bed, curtains, decorations, tassels, ruffles, and a saddle stand. (Just don't ask)
Of course all this would be easier but we have Nicholas birthday cabin coming up and it costs twice as much as usual. The kid is going to have to find a cheaper way to celebrate. I really miss the simpler days of the $80 cabin or even better when we had our camper and it was a $20 campsite! I ordered his gift this morning, I think he'll be happy. We put some Christmas gifts in layaway at Walmart last night as well. That was awesome! We got three of the most popular toys of 2012 already put away.
I suppose it is time to go get some things done this morning. My list just keeps growing!
No comments:
Post a Comment