So, things around here haven't worked out like I hoped! Sarah was much sicker than I thought. She ended up broke out in this awful rash. We took her to the doctor twice because what started as little red bumps quickly turned into puss-filled blisters. It was fairly awful. She ran a high fever for 2 days then broke out in red bumps. She's mostly scabbed over now and they have turned itchy. Both docs told us that they were part of a virus going around.
I guess her sensitive skin just over reacted to the rash. Poor thing had them between her toes and the bottoms of her feet. Her elbows are still a mess. All dry and itchy. At first I thought it was chicken pox or then foot and mouth. However, it wasn't either of those things. She just gets everything to the worst degree. Get a cold, go to the hospital with croup for 5 days. Get a virus with a fever, get scabs over your whole body. Needless to say, she did much screaming and very little sleeping. It made for a long week and weekend.
She's definitely better now. Thank Goodness. We're heading out in a few days for an impromptu mini-vacation to end summer. Then we're back and shortly after that is Nicholas birthday. Lots of fun there! He's insisting that we ride Cass Railroad. For the 9th time. I guess we've missed a few years.
I'm packing up some things today. It's amazing how much STUFF we need even for a short trip. I hope it all fits in the car!
No comments:
Post a Comment