So, it's kind of a quiet week. Nicholas stayed in WV after we went in for a long weekend to work on my Grandfather's house at the farm. He's 93 and just went into a nursing home. So, we wanted to clean things up. The kids and I are going to spend some time there this summer enjoying the farm and some country freedom. We'll be doing some creek stomping, bird watching, hole digging, tons of walking and lots and lots of exploring.
Sarah and I are having some girl time this week. We have been playing outside, watching Disney movies and having snuggles. She's starting to miss her brother though.
The weather has been wonderful lately. Not too hot, not too humid. Maybe a little too much rain in some places but otherwise good. Sarah has been enjoying her swing set she got for her birthday. Life is just humming along in my little neck of the 'burbs.
My 40th birthday is rapidly approaching but really, we don't need to dwell on that!
I know you are stressing about your 40th, but, trust me, it just gets better. I turned 42 this year and you couldn't drag me back to my 20s unless I could take my 42 year old brain with me. I wouldn't even want to go back to 35, because that's when I started stressing about age and I wasted a few too many years on that.
ReplyDeleteForget the number!