It's a quiet afternoon here at the farm. It's raining. The puppy is snoozing, I just sent Sarah to lay down with a movie and a blanket. She's kind of out growing her naps but then again, some days skipping a nap turns her into a raging and whining machine. Jamie is coming tonight so I told her to rest for a bit and hope she wakes up in a better mood.
The puppy, Cookie, has been keeping me up nights this week. I'm pretty tired myself this afternoon. I've got chili on the stove but I'm considering turning it off and putting my feet up for an hour or so. Since it was raining and we spent a large part of today inside, I took the opportunity to do some cleaning. Just dusting, vacuuming and wiping down the kitchen and baths.
I was in a pretty big funk earlier in the week. We are having a lot of fun being here on the farm but I admit I'm getting lonely. There seems to always be some problem or another that needs attention. There hasn't been much time to just relax and enjoy and do the things we thought we'd do when we got here.
I'm hopeful that everything will start to slow down and get easier. Or at the very least, less demanding.
On that note, I think I WILL go put my feet up and sit with a book for a bit.
Maybe I'll just sit on the front porch and watch it rain.
Yes, that's where you'll find me.
No comments:
Post a Comment