We are keeping busy here on the farm. With things like finding cool bugs, cute turtles and, oh, acquiring that little girl. We've been talking about adding a puppy and things just worked out a little sooner than I was ready. I'm kind of resigned to the fact that I just took on nurturing and caring for yet another living being. Alone. A stubborn 3-year old that refuses to go potty. A 6-week old puppy that won't sleep through the night. An 11-year old that has a VERY full homeschool year ahead of him. A worn out and run down place on the farm that I'm desperately trying to make a home. Limited water resources. Things that howl in the middle of the night in the dark.
I'm not complaining. Not really. It's just a lot on my plate right now. And doesn't leave a lot of room for all the fun things I thought I'd be doing. It will just take time. I hope.
We are supposed to be using this time to not only save money but to figure out what we want in our new home. Today is a bit of a low point and all I want in our new home right now is to move into it. I'm tired and I know that is a big part of it. The kids want to go on an adventure. I just want to sit in my pajamas and drink hot tea and maybe find 1/2 an hour to nap. I served Cereal and pizza rolls for dinner last night. Mother of the year!
There are fun and cool things too! Yesterday Jamie and the kids hit apples with golf clubs over the hill. The apple tree next to the house split in two and fell over. So they threw the apples to the deer. Taking walks and going on adventures is a blast. And normally I just LOVE doing it. I'm just tired today and grumpy. Having Jamie here for the weekend made everything 10 times better. It was hard to let him go. Having someone to lean on, someone who appreciates you and takes care of you, too goes a long way to making things better. Last night's sunset was ravishing. I sat on the porch watching it and feeling calmed. The night before when I was out with the puppy, the stars were amazing. I guess if you are going to be up and outside at all hours of the night, it helps to enjoy the scenery! (and ignore the freaky howling and not look too closely at things outside the small circle of light you are in)
And on that note, I expect the children would like me to get out of my pajamas. Sarah wants someone to play with. The pup is starting to wake back up. I have a full dishwasher and two full sink bowls of dirty dishes. I can't STAND dirty dishes in the sink. But, I was busy. Better to neglect the dishes than a child or dog.
And everyone say a big thanks for the mild weather!!!! Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment