Thursday, September 26, 2013

What's happening?!


My goodness! It's been a whirlwind of a month or so. We actually ended up moving out of the farm and in with my Mom. We bought a lot and started the process of building a home in Indiana. And, I found out I need a hysterectomy. I'd say that things have been a little on the crazy side.

We moved out of the farm and in with my folks because the house on the farm had some issues that were beyond us being able to deal with and so we just had to move out. Actually, I'm still packing up our stuff and the movers are coming on Monday. So, it's a process.

In more exciting news, we picked out a lovely lot in a nice neighborhood on the north side of Indianapolis. We're building a 2-story house with a basement. All together around 4200 square feet. We've gone all in with hard wood floors, granite and walk-in closets. We spent a lot of time exploring our options. Taking what we thought we wanted and what we know we needed and meshing it all together. Yes, it's a big house. Much bigger than we really ever thought we needed. But then again, it's our school, our home and our future. It's our grown-up HOME. The place we hope our children will come home from college to visit. Where they will bring girlfriends and boyfriends and buddies home. Where we'll make memories baking Christmas cookies, curling up by the wood fire, and everyone will have a space that feels like their own.

The down side is how long it is going to take. We're making a huge sacrifice right now with our family being apart. It's really difficult for everyone and knowing we have so many months ahead of us is overwhelming. I get discouraged every now and then. It seems impossible. I just keep telling myself that we are safe and comfortable and the end will be worth it.

And to kill some time, I'm having major surgery. My ablation has failed and the last option for me is a hysterectomy. I'm waiting to find out the scheduled date for that. I don't know whether to hope it is soon or to hope I have some time first. I have some mixed feelings about the whole thing. On one hand it feels like a relief. On the other hand it feels scary. I'm afraid of the after. I want to still be me. Then again, I'd like to be me without all the issues. To move forward and be healthy. It's very new and I think as I think it all through and get into the middle of the preparing and the planning, I will more easily come to terms with it.

Lots of changes for us in the coming months. It's an exciting and stressful time and I hope we are able to balance it and deal with things with as much grace and patience as we can muster. We'll need a little luck too!

No comments:

Post a Comment