Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Just a little break....Or life gets in the way....
To be perfectly honest, I gave this whole thing up because there just was so much going on, not much of it very good. It overwhelmed me. And since I am really the only one that reads here, and use this as a journal, I wasn't inclined to relive every last moment of the last 6 or 7 months. Things are more settled now. Everyone is healthy and getting on about our lives. I realized I missed being able to look back and see what I was thinking, feeling and what was going on in our lives so I thought I'd catch myself back up here.
The kids have grown like weeds. Nicholas is as tall as I am. I'm not tall by any means, but my baby boy looking me in the eye takes some getting used to. He turned 12 last October. Sarah is going to be 4 in a month and a half. Let that sink in for a minute. Oh, the time is flying by.
We bought a house. Not the one we planned to build. So many delays! So we ended up making an offer on a house over Thanksgiving week and we closed the first part of January. We moved in mid-January. I got the flu. And in March Nicholas was diagnosed with a fungal infection in his lung and a pneumonia. He spent a couple days in the hospital but he's recovered amazingly well and is doing great. Well, aside from being 12 and getting an attitude that gets him in trouble on occasion. We like our new home. We have 3 bedrooms, a loft and a partial basement. An office/school room and a formal dining room which is being used as a Sarah play room at the moment. I'm not sure everything is going to stay the way it is long-term but it's working for now. I'd really like to move Sarah's play room up to the loft eventually. The house is a work in progress. There are still boxes floating around in closets and the garage is best left unopened. It's a pit. But we are settling in a little at a time. I'm going to paint over the summer and do a little organizing. It's fun to piddle around in my own home for a change!
Jamie is doing well with work. He's been a little down lately, I think work gets to him. So we are planning on finding ways to get out and have some fun. It doesn't help that it has been one of the most brutal winters I can remember. Remember this term, Arctic Vortex. *shudder* That's what we had all winter. Snow, snow, snow and below freezing temps for weeks on end. Dark. Gray. Freezing. It was not pleasant. And hey, we moved right in the middle of it! Go us! We had some fun while Jamie was living in his one-bedroom apartment. We all came to join him for a few weeks. It was interesting to say the least. It got a little cramped in there for sure!
The winter is slowly coming to an end. It seems like Spring is really late though. Jamie hasn't even cut the grass yet. It is slowly warming up and we've even had a couple 70 degree days that have been super nice. It's still in the 30s during most nights, though.
It's interesting trying to get us settled. We've been unsettled for so long we aren't really sure how all this works anymore. And recovering is taking a while. We had to put in every penny we had and then some for the house and the move. Plus just getting all our stuff out of storage and moved around and we lost a lot of things from the farm etc. I'm finding stuff in boxes that has been there for nearly 7 years. So, it's just taking time. Lots of time.
Speaking of time, it is time to get the kids school work going. And always laundry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment