Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day recap!

Wow. What a weekend! It went so quickly and I find myself sitting here still exhausted on a Monday morning. Of course, I'm probably tired because we had a few rounds of storms last night that completely freak Sarah out and she spent the night in our bed while I tried to sleep in the spare bed. But there is NO air moving where the spare bed it and I was so hot I could NOT get any sleep at all.

Other than that, Mother's Day was very nice. My kids went to a local pottery painting place and made me some things. My husband and son handled kitchen duty all day. Which was more than lovely. AND we went out for ice cream last night and raced the storms home. We didn't quite make it but it was close. I may have even squeezed in a nap!

I love the warm weather. My only struggle right now is that my internal thermostat seems to be haywire since my surgery. I'm either freezing or on fire. There's not much of a happy middle. And our upstairs is giving me fits. Major fits. There is NO AIR moving up there. No overhead lights either so ceiling fans would be a bit of an undertaking. I'm about to go to Walmart and get several box fans just to keep the air moving. And maybe a window A/C for the boys room.

I'm making summer plans. It looks like we'll be putting a camper on the farm and camping there over the weekends. That will be amazingly fun. And then my kids are going to spend some time at their grandparents so I'm going to spend some time on my house. Painting is really at the top of the list. Plus do some rearranging, organizing and cleaning. I need to get Jamie on the garage. It's making me crazy. I'm also hoping to move Sarah's play room out of the dining room and up to the loft. Both kids rooms need a paint job. Really, the whole house needs painted in the worst way. So, lots of little home projects waiting to get done in between camping and enjoying the outdoors.

I'm eager to start making this place feel like home. I've been in a horrible funk lately. We're talking boxed foods, take out, completely unorganized funk of house keeping. I just haven't been motivated to make our house a home. So, I'm trying to get my mojo back, as they would say. Get myself back into the swing of things after such a messed up year and try to make our place a home. My home. With my tastes and my touches.

So, it was a fabulous weekend and hopefully the start to a productive week!

No comments:

Post a Comment