Thursday, May 8, 2014

Oh, warm, we missed you!

Lo and behold, it finally warmed up enough to get ourselves outside. So, that's where we've been. The last two days were spent in the sprinkler. My children have been digging various holes in the back yard for some unknown reason. I don't ask. Just tell them to pick up their tools when they are done.

It's been a whirlwind few days of pudding pops (homemade), Popsicles, water, sand boxes and mud. Oh, the mud. I just roll with it as much as possible. It's cooling back off with rain tomorrow and back down to the high 60s and 70s but we made a good run with it while we could.

We get up and get breakfast, showers, get our school work done, lunch, a quiet 1/2 hour then we hit the outside. I've been more than eager for summer after this brutal winter.

I'm working out a plan for Sarah's birthday party. Which, unfortunately is in West Virginia. I wish we were having it at home but we don't really have friends here yet and nobody from WV wanted to come to Indiana. So, as usual, we have to go to them. You know, it's so much easier with us, our two kids and two dogs to come there, you know. Not. My Mom she's a traveler and doesn't mind but she doesn't drive. The rest? They just claim they miss the kids but come visit twice a year.

Mom is so close to retiring. She's very excited! I'm excited for her. She's going to come stay for a week after Memorial day so that should be fun. I'm excited for it at any rate. It's nice to have a little break.

And on that note. Break over. Little feet just came looking for a snack.



No comments:

Post a Comment