Monday, November 2, 2015
We are in. So. We're in our new home, such as it is. There are boxes upon boxes stacked and scattered. It's a disaster. But in a good way. This chaos will in a week or two fade and we'll be left with our home, our place, our homestead. Our settlement. We've named this patch of 48.6 acres Heart Stone Farm. When we got married we were give this concrete heart paver and we've carried it all over the place, to every home. It's sat in every garden and in front of apartment doors. Now it has a permanent home here at Heart Stone.
Oh, we have plans! So many wonderful plans. All that must wait until I've unpacked the boxes and we've built the beds and found the front door. I must go forth and tame the chaos. While I'm doing so I have the luxury of dreaming of our future. Of balancing the NEED to do's with the CAN'T WAIT to do's. It's one step at a time, one box at a time.
For now, this chaos carries with it hope for the future. I'll try to hang on to that while I'm digging in. Here's to finding the floor under the boxes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment