Monday, January 4, 2016

It begins...


It's the fourth day of a new year. I'm really not sure where last year went. It's kind of a blur. It was busy. It had tough moments and wonderful moments. If nothing else, things are very different and in so many good ways. We're living on 50 acres of West Virginia Farm land. My kids are thriving here. We have friends and plans and it's good.

It is also a tiny bit scary but all good things are! We started clearing out some of the junk from our barns and some demo in the guest cabin. Getting ready to fix things up in there and getting the big barn ready to house whatever animals we decide we have to have. I'm eyeing puppies and thinking about a farm dog/companion. Boots is in retirement and Cookie is a whole lot of fun but not much of a watch dog. We're looking at goats. The kids are taking riding lessons. They both want a horse. It's all sweet and easy and unhurried right now. I like that.

We're working on simplifying. Not such an easy thing. Necessary but not easy! I think we have an adventure ahead of us and it will be a lot of fun!

Our Christmas was wonderful. I had a bit of trouble getting into the swing of things. It was just all so MUCH. Just moving in and then it was Thanksgiving and Christmas was rolling right along, I fully admit to being overwhelmed by it all. But the kids more than made up for any excitement I might have lacked. And it turned out to be a wonderful Christmas. Just wonderful.

I feel very blessed. I'm so happy here and I can't wait to see where this year takes us!

No comments:

Post a Comment