We had such a wonderful week with family visiting. First came my Aunt and her son. We took them down to Moab, Utah and went to Arches National Park. It was flat out amazing. Beautiful. I have never seen terrain like that before. My aunt surprised everyone and sprung for a ride on a Humvee. I thought, cool, we'll go out on some sand dunes and find a spot for the sunset. Um, NO. We climbed rocks. Up them, down them, over them, sideways. It was an incredible experience. Nicholas had a blast. Once I got over the shock of what we were doing I had a wonderful time.
My folks came and we went to Grand Tetons National Park and Yellowstone. I have never been anywhere more wonderful in my whole life. I never ever wanted to leave Yellowstone. I want to move to Jackson, Wyoming. I wanted to cry when we left. The most beautiful thing about the whole trip is knowing we are under 5 hours away and can easily go on a weekend.
We saw Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, TONS of Bison, and last but not least finished up with a Grizzly bear. He was eating a young Bison of some sort. He came charging down the hill toward the road and swam across the river to his dinner. It was a sight!
I'll be honest and say that Salt Lake City isn't really my thing. However, if it gets me closer to those Mountains in Wyoming and the sweet breezes of Montana and the simply amazing beauty of Idaho, the smell of the lodge pole pines, and the sight of the majestic Tetons; I'll deal with it. I'm not sure I could go back east after that.
And just to set the record straight, you have experienced NOTHING until you see the Earth spewing forth boiling water, acid, sulfur and watched mud boil just under your feet. You read about it. See pictures and think it's neat. But standing a few feet away, is awe inspiring.
I have many pictures. I've put a few of my favorites on facebook so check them out! I have more control over who sees them there and since they are family I'll probably not post as many here.
And now I have a crazy busy week to prepare for. Back to school for us this week! FUN!
No comments:
Post a Comment