We had a fabulous weekend. We didn't really do anything special. Just ran some errands, took a little drive, went out to dinner. It was just that everyone was on the same page this weekend and smiling and in a good mood. We were enjoying the mild weather and the sunshine.
Jamie and I managed to whittle down our Christmas list. We have ideas for pretty much everyone and have plans for Nicholas. We sat down with the calendar for the rest of this year and next as well as his vacation accrual and were able to plan out vacations and visits. It's so nice to have all of that down on paper.
I've got a nice to-do list going. His parents will be here in three weeks or so for Thanksgiving. We're also having Christmas with them so I think I'll go ahead and decorate. Which means, I have a whole lot to get done in the next few weeks. I need to do some cleaning, organizing, baking and preparing for the holidays.
We love Christmas here at our house. LOVE it. We drag it out as long as possible. I've been seeing people putting up Christmas lights, which seems a bit early even to me. However the neighbor explained it's about to start snowing and people are just getting them up so they don't have to do it in the snow.
Speaking of snow, we'll be getting some tomorrow and into Wednesday. My men-folk are pretty excited. I could have waited until after Halloween but it will be neat to see it this early in the year. I'm just glad Nicholas' Halloween costume is on the big side. I can layer warmer clothes underneath it.
And that, my friends, is a little trip into the mundane. You have to love it when things settle into the realm of normal around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment