Thursday, October 22, 2009

Trying too hard...

I have come to the conclusion I am trying to hard to dislike it here. Really.

The other night my husband and I were sitting on the couch complaining about Utah weather. It was 60 degrees with blue skies and sunshine. Pretty much a 10 out of 10 on the weather meter.

We were so indignant. "Ugh, it NEVER rains here. I miss a gray day. Boo hiss on the sunshine. Oh, they think 1/2 an inch of rain is a storm. Puhleeeaassse. Try hiding in the tub during a tornado in Indiana or a good old fashioned WV ice storm."

Yeah, so we were looking for something to complain about. I think it's a natural process of adjusting to a new place. We're going to be here for a while. Sometimes I find I'm having fun or meeting a new friend and enjoying the conversation. It kind of freaks me out. I'm not supposed to like it. I am supposed to tolerate it until we can move back East of the Mississippi.

It's 64 outside. The skies are blue. The breeze is blowing. The sun is shining. Darn Utah. I hate you.

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing when we move to a new place. And then, once I get settled, I start to look at it as an adventure. Home is just where you make it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to adjust to something the complete opposite of what you're used to. I also think it's hard to move somewhere new as an adult and make new friends. Is there a homeschooling group you could get involved with there? That might make the transition easier.

    ReplyDelete