I guess things have been kind of weird around here lately. I've really been fluctuating between shock and ecstasy. I'm SO HAPPY about being pregnant. Yet so shocked after all that trying and doctoring and being poked and prodded, that I'm really pregnant. It just doesn't feel real sometimes. Well, the exhaustion and the nausea are real for SURE.
Of course I have the usual worries. And then some not so usual worries. I'm 36, I'll be 37 when the baby gets here. My Grandmother was my age when I was born. But here I am, and I'm SO happy.
I've been avoiding the outside world. I don't know if it is healthy or not but I just don't want to hear about the state of the world right now. I'm cocooning myself in my happy holiday home. The tree is pretty, the lights are comforting and wrapping in a warm blanket is about the extent of my activities. I figure this is my time to be selfish. I have a lot of challenges over the next many months. I have a doctor appointment every two weeks. I've already had more tests than I ever had with Nicholas. One of which I flunked. Nothing major though but I do have to take another test on Wednesday. Otherwise everything looked perfect.
My brain is going in six million directions.
Over the next few weeks I hope to just turn things back to normal as much as possible. I want Christmas to be good for everyone and I want to make sure I'm not dropping the ball on my family. Well, I am at the moment. Laundry needs done, dinner has been hit or miss and the dust is piling up. But, it will all get done and no one's Christmas will be ruined if there are dust bunnies dancing around.
Right?
P.S. Thank you to everyone who has had such encouraging words and prayers for me. You don't know how much it means, especially now, to know that people care.
I'm glad your doc is being so proactive and keeping a close eye on you. I think I had about 26 (no joke) ultrasounds with my 2nd one. Towards the end, I was in there twice a week - once for u/s, once for the OB to check me out. I loved it!
ReplyDelete