The holidays are officially over. Jamie is back to work and the kids and I are getting back on our schedule (I hope). Sarah has been having trouble sleeping over the last week and a half. She's so grumpy! Hopefully it is a teething issue or something minor and will work itself out. However it is kind of hard on the grown-ups in the house with her not sleeping well. Hopefully it's not an ear infection or anything like that and is just a phase.
Jamie headed out to work this morning. I got up with my coffee and the little girl and gave her three different breakfasts, none of which she ate. And now I'm banging my head against the wall. Why can't I be one of those hard-nosed parents. You get what you get and if you don't like it, starve! I can't do it. Part of it is that I know my kids are happier when they eat something. And Nicholas was an incredibly picky eater but he came around here in the last few years and now will try almost anything and eats what I put in front of him, within reason. And I guess I just don't want to turn food into a battle around here. We have enough battles and frozen waffle vs. cereal bar is just not one I see worth fighting right now.
I would say our Christmas and New Year's were a big success. Now we have a few months of down-time while the weather is cold and gross to catch up on everything around here. I'm still catching up on laundry from Christmas company! Tomorrow it's back to school. I'm looking forward to getting things back to normal. But, it sure was nice having Jamie home so much.
At least we were able to get most of the kid's toys put away and reorganized. Nicholas's "man cave" looks awesome! I need to pick him up some posters and decorations for in there. Sarah's room is going to be getting a makeover soon. She needs some more storage and some room to play in there. Jamie and I are enjoying our new mattress. Memory foam rocks! At first we weren't too sure but after the first week we were hooked. It seems so firm and there is no "bounce." However, after a couple days we realized we weren't tossing and turning and waking up all the time. I LOVE it. My back and hips haven't hurt since we got it. It's been 3 weeks or so now and we couldn't be happier.
All the bedding from all the company is slowly but surly getting washed up. I'm kind of funny about bedding. I have to wash the blankets, too. I know not everyone does but I wash everything after we have company. I wash everything on our bed when I change it, too. I just think it's nice to give everyone sheets and blankets that are totally fresh. Before company comes, I'll toss the sheets and blankets in a hot dryer and to wake them back up and make them nice and fluffy as well. I'm a stickler for fresh bedding!
And on that note, I should go strip the bed and get some chores done before the day really gets started for the kids. The laundry awaits!
No comments:
Post a Comment