Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Life...it goes on

Oh my. I can't believe it is the last day of January. We had a nice visit to West Virginia this past weekend. It's so good to go home and visit with the family. But it's good to come back here, too. To the place we are making OUR home. Sarah brought a cold home with her and a double ear infection. She spent the evening in Urgent Care getting an antibiotic. I'll be so glad when we get our second car so I can take her to her doctor during regular hours.

The kids are going back to West Virginia to stay with my Mom in mid-February. Jamie and I are finally going to get around to painting the main floor. The kitchen, dining and living rooms need it so BADLY! The bedrooms and bathrooms could use a coat or two as well but they can wait a little longer. Maybe I'll do them the week the kids are gone this summer. The layout of our house makes it easy to do it in sections. We have 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms but luckily they are sectioned off that I can paint the main areas without it being noticeable. Someone already painted the bedrooms and 2 of the bathrooms but they could use a little touching up.

I'm feeling "nesty" lately. We're taking a trip to IKEA this weekend to look at some things. I want some nice shelving downstairs and a real desk. We could use some storage ideas and organizational tools as well. Mostly we're just going for fun.

And now I need to go start the day with the kids and tackle some laundry. At least the sun is shining this morning!

1 comment:

  1. :-( We don't have an IKEA around here (as you know). Have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete