Friday, January 6, 2012

The beginning of the year...

I wish I had something fabulous to write about. I don't. Things around here have been pretty routine this week. The only real thing of note is that it is unseasonably warm and it's weirding me out. There's no snow. No ice and it's relatively warm. My kids have been outside every afternoon. And hey, that's great except it's a big sloshy muddy mess and I'm kind of sick of cleaning it up. If it is going to be WINTER, then it should be winter. Snow, ice, freezing temps. Because 45 -50 degrees isn't warm enough to enjoy being out or cold enough to snow. So, either hit 60 and sunshine or freeze up so I can hibernate. The way it stands now I'm already sick of this winter and thinking if I have to deal with the mud and chasing a 19 month around outside, it might as well be warm.

We have been looking into vacation options for the year. Doing our budget. Debating some major purchases. The usual beginning of the year stuff. Next weekend is a major grocery shopping trip to stock the freezer. It's just so much easier when there are many options in the freezer.

We have started back with school after our winter break. It's been nice to have that routine again. Nicholas was excited to start back and has been a model student this week. It's been nice and I'll enjoy it while it lasts!

Sarah has developed some new fun habits. Throwing herself down and kicking and screaming when she doesn't get her way is a fun one. Or standing in the middle of the floor screaming at the top of her lungs for attention. These are new for us. Mostly we ignore it. If she is really getting on my nerves or pushing a button with that fit throwing, I toss her in bed to calm down. I don't speak to her or anything. Pick her up and put her in bed until she calms herself down. But, she is also running around the house calling everyone "dude." (thanks Nicholas) She gives the best hugs and kisses and makes my heart melt when I watch her play babies or in her kitchen.

All in all, the beginnings of 2012 have been OK. Just life moving forward, as it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment