Monday, June 4, 2012

Nowhere...fast!

I've been so busy and yet, accomplished NOTHING. Nothing I tell you! I have so much to do and time is going so fast that I start to panic now and then. I guess it would be best just to say that I am feeling very much overwhelmed right now. The kids leave for my Mom's in a couple of weeks and then I'll have to start packing and setting things aside for the yard sale.

You know I am an old pro at the moving. 13 times in 12 years. So, I feel that I can firmly establish myself as a bit of an expert. For some reason this move is making me crazy. I think it is the sorting. Instead of just packing up and moving it I also have to sort what we'll be using in the apartment, what gets sold and what goes into storage. And THAT is where I'm getting hung up. Not to mention I still have over a month so there is no real rush on things.

It doesn't help that my heart really isn't in it either. I don't WANT to move. I've tried everything to get Jamie to stay here for another 18 months or so. No deal. He has tunnel vision right now. Nothing I say can change his mind. He sees nothing but the goal at the end. I see it too, our own home and a place to finally settle down. It's just that I am caught up in living in an apartment with two kids and a dog and no 2nd car. I'm sure it will be fine.

And really it isn't even the apartment. I've just hit a wall. I just flat out don't want to have to move to another temporary shelter. I just want to go from here to our home. And just a month ago I wanted to stay here forever. I think we would but the house value doesn't hold up to the asking price. And the difference in what they want and what it appraises for is too far apart for any meeting in the middle. Especially in this market where houses are a dime a dozen.

So, the kids and I are trying to squeeze in a little summer fun before all the crazy. We've been spending a lot of time outside and downstairs. Lots of play time. We are going camping this weekend, which should be fun. Unfortunately we just found our cooler and camp chairs are all busted so our "cheap" camping weekend just got a bunch more expensive. However, those things are kind of a necessity.

And on that note, I think I'll take my coffee to the deck and enjoy the birds and the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment