Friday, June 29, 2012

It's all kind of random....

Well then. I've had two spectacularly unproductive weeks. My house is just a wreck of toys and dust and boxes that are in no way shape or form packed. They aren't even put together. They are just leaning against a wall reminding me that I'm supposed to move into the apartment in two weeks. And since I don't want to move into the apartment in two weeks I'm not really that motivated to do anything about it. Sad, I know.

So, let's talk about the weather. It's hot. It's like I fell asleep and missed July and woke up in mid-August. It was still over 90 when I went to bed last night and that is just nuts. Oh, and it hasn't rained in Indiana in forever and we are in severe drought conditions. People, MULCH is spontaneously combusting. Something about if it is over three inches it is trapping the heat and BOOM fire. All the yards are dead. I am trying to keep my flowers alive but they are wilting faster than I can water them.

Our well has been fine but I'm still kind of glad we are moving, even if we are going to the apartment. At least we'll have city water and sewer and won't have to worry over it all the time.

I have a new hair product in my hair this morning and it smells so good. It's just kind of a happy smell and I keep fluffing my hair or pulling it in front of my face. I got it from Aveda but it doesn't really say what the scent it. I need to know, though. It makes me feel happy.

I was supposed to have a yard sale tomorrow but it isn't happening. I just never got ready for it. See...unproductive. We'll probably have it next week. Or after we move. We're moving mid-July but don't have to be out of the house until July 31. So, we can come back and just sell what didn't make the cut. You would think after 13 moves I have this down to a science. And I kind of do. Which is why I'm not panicked yet. I'm getting close though. We decided to take it easy this week and then we'd get serious next week once we had things all worked out and decided about storage and all that kind of thing.

Nicholas is still with my parents. Sarah and I have spent the week playing. She's starting to drive me just a bit batty though. She wants her BUBBY! It's too hot to go outside and swing or jump. She isn't allowed in the pool just yet. So, yeah, once she got done being happy about seeing me, she decided I'm pretty much just mean and boring. Mean because I won't let her play in the "wash" (which is what she calls the pool) or the trampoline (which would burn her feet to a crisp) and boring because I'm kind of tired of play doh and baby dolls.

It promises to be kind of a long hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment