Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Stolen Summer...

Yesterday morning was lovely and gray and I think it rained for 10 or 15 minutes. Enough for me to declare an "inside" day so that I could get a few chores and housework done. I'd really like to start packing but since we're still so far out as far as moving goes, it would be kind of hard. I work better under pressure. Plus, I'll work a lot better once the kiddos are off visiting the Grandparents. I'll have a full week to pack, sort and toss.

We decided to go ahead and get a storage building. I'll admit I was fighting getting rid of so much of my stuff. I don't mind cleaning out, getting rid of little used and outgrown things. But, just getting rid of things so we can temporarily fit into an apartment is nuts. I like my stuff. I know they are just things but they are OUR things. Things we have collected over our 12 years and 13 moves and if I was willing to drag them clear from Indiana to Utah and back again, I'm thinking I can take them across town.

The kids and I aren't having much of a "summer" this year. Moving and everything is stealing some of the best time away from us. They are going to spend some time in West Virginia with my parents which they will both LOVE. They will be able to run around outside and swim and be free. And I will be able to take care of the packing and moving and getting their rooms set up for them in the apartment. After we are in and settled we'll still have all of August. I think we'll spend every day at the pool!

Jamie just keeps telling me the end result will be worth it. We'll finally be settled down in a home of our own and able to put down some roots. And that will be so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment