Monday, August 6, 2012

A big bowl of happy....

Do you ever wake up and feel like you are in a big bowl of Happy? It hasn't happened often enough around here but this morning I just felt like everything is GOOD. The house is coming together, crisis are passing, the fridge and pantry are full, my kids are peacefully sleeping safe and snuggled in their beds, my husband is off to work and is gainfully employed enough to allow me the luxury of staying home. And the morning...she is beautiful! It's crisp and my feet were cold when I stepped out to water my flowers. Lovely! Just lovely!

Of course, this is usually about the time something will happen to cause a stir around here but we aren't going to dwell on that right now. We are going to just enjoy the moment.

We have about a week and a half until we are back in the swing of school. I'm eager to get our routine going. My plan is to start on August 16. Public school starts on the 15 so we'll have a NOT back to school day and go out to breakfast and do some other "summer" type stuff.

I intended to post a menu plan this morning but I'm not really on the ball yet. Maybe I'll start next week since we are also starting school. I need some time to work out our menus and schedules anyway. There is going to be a little more structure to our year and I need a little more time to get things mapped out.

I know the weather this morning is just a preview but it is gorgeous! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this summer in the rear view mirror! At least weather-wise. The extreme heat and extreme drought have kept everyone inside. Yuck.

So, I'm taking my coffee to the patio while the kids are still snoozing the the temperature is still cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment