Monday, February 4, 2013

Five Alarm

You know, I know I've said it a million and a half times but the days have really been getting away from me. This weekend went in a blink! It's kind of hard to believe I'm sitting here and it is Monday again. We enjoyed a fairly quiet weekend. Spent last night in front of the TV with the Super Bowl. Chili cheese dogs and chips on the menu. The kids and I made cupcakes and we just kept things low-key and relaxing. It was a nice evening just to curl up in the living room and hang out together.

Except for the full-blown five alarm panic attack I managed to have. OK, not really a panic attack more like and overwhelming anxiety attack. I started thinking about an upcoming surgery I may (most likely) need to have, what is going on around here I need to take care of, what my family has going on, what will happen, what CAN happen, changes to my life, getting through things and healing up with the kids...and so on and so forth and I couldn't breathe, was nauseous, shaking, and basically freaking out. I couldn't STOP my brain from going around and around.

It was ugly and scary. It took me a good hour to get back to semi-normal. A night of fitful sleep and I feel I'm doing better today. Still overwhelmed but on a much more realistic level.

So, today we just get back to normal. There is laundry piled up, school work to do, a play room that is completely out of control, kids to feed, supper to fix and a day worth giving my attention to. And on that note, I better hop to it!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your possible upcoming surgery. I can understand how that can cause you to panic. I'm so happy you're close to family again, so that will hopefully take some burden off of you. Try to focus on the little things that make you happy and take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete